To prepare for the United Kingdom's departure from the European Union, the Home Office announced, last Friday, 20 July 2018, that it will begin, starting 28 August 2018, a test phase of the new online registration process for all European Union citizens and their respective families.
This registration is optional in this phase and it is ONLY available for employees (and respective families) of the following hospitals and universities:
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust;
- Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust;
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust;
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
- Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust;
- Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust;
- The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust;
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust;
- Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust;
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
- Liverpool Hope University;
- Liverpool John Moores University;
- The University of Liverpool.
The Consulate-General of Portugal in Manchester is available to clarify and help all elligible Portuguese citizens that have been invited and aim to proceed to their registration.
To do so, please send us your questions, doubts and/or comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the word “BREXIT” on the subject field.
The remaining Portuguese nationals may obtain detailed and updated information concerning the future electronic registration process here.